A pair of Italian Grand Tour carved alabaster Medici Lions, circa 1900, depicted with their front paws raised upon a sphere and upon a plinth base, modelled after the antique original, now sited with his companion at the Loggia Dei Lanzi, Piazza Della Signoria, Florence, Italy. Previously sited at the Villa Medici , Rome from 1598 until moved to its present location in 1789. The original marble lion being of ancient 2nd century origin , the companion carved in the C16th by Flaminio Vacca.
In excellent condition with no damage or repair and with good patination.
Please fill in the information below