A rare painted lead figure of Henry VIII standing on a stone base, produced by The London Stonecraft Co. from the stone and lead recovered from the bombed Houses of Parliament during an air raid in 1941.
The Portland stone base bears an enamelled plaque stating 'The Stone Came from The Houses of Parliament 1941' surrounding a view of parliament, and the reverse of the figure is stamped 'Cast in Lead from The Houses of Parliament'.
The London Stonecraft Company were permitted to make souvenirs for sale to raise funds on behalf of HRH The Duke of Gloucester's Red Cross and St. John Fund. The objects produced included bookends, inkwells, letter racks, ashtrays and serviette rings and they utilised stone recovered from historic bombed London buildings including the House of Commons after being bombed by the Luftwaffe in the London Blitz in 1940 and 1941.
The paintwork in good condition overall, the stone base is cracked.
Please fill in the information below